Sunday, January 16, 2005

Silence

We apologize for the silence you have been presently finding here at 3P. There are numerous factors but mostly we are depressed. Politics and life have become to soul crushing to even read about lately, much less add our own commentary to it.

The way things are done is creating a maelstrom of our collective hearts, an agonizing feeling of uselessness, and definite bouts of intensely powerful apathy.

Things that have been pissing me off lately include but are not limited to-

-Armstrong Williams becoming a public schill for the administration and No Child Left Behind

-This fake ass witchhunt non story about Markos Zuniga of Daily Kos and Jerome Armstrong working for Howard Dean (even though WE ALREADY KNEW THEY WERE YOU DUMB LIBERAL MEDIA!)

-Iyad Allawi's declaration that "pockets" of Iraqis won't be able to vote in the upcoming elections, when "pockets" of course refers to millions of people

-Democrats in the "Fainthearted Faction" regarding Social Security (you can thank Josh Marshall for that brilliant alliteration). Two words apply. FUCKING. PUSSIES.

-Tom Ridge, Mr. I'm About To Not Be The Fake Ass Homeland Security Director saying the US should not rule out torture. I'm not a policy expert by any stretch, but let me give you some free advice. Honestly, US government, I won't even charge you for this nugget. DON'T TORTURE ANYONE. There. You heard it here first.

-Alberto Gonzales inevitably at Justice, surely he won't decloak that statue of that blind justice bitch either

-Tucker Carlson being ousted from CNN doesn't bother me, but Robert Novak still being allowed to call himself a journalist is just about the most ridiculous thing I can think of. Come to think of it, that would be true if this wasn't the same world where G. Gordon Liddy, former BURGULAR wasn't a respected pundit of some kind and Oliver North, former war criminal, didn't have his own show on Fox Fucking News.

-God, see this is only off the top of my head. There are so many things. On top of that I've been in a dangerously pensive mood lately.

The point is, the state of the world right now is not inspiring me to be happy about practically ANYTHING.

And I've not yet seen evidence that these Democrats in this Congress will be anything different than Tom Daschle and Dick Gephardt's Democrats in the aftermath of 9/11 and beyond.

Here's hoping Nancy Pelosi, and more importantly Harry Reid are made of sterner stuff.

I miss Harry Truman and Bobby Kennedy, I miss William the Marshal, I miss the guy who stood in front of the tanks at Tiananmen Square, I miss Optimus Prime, I miss everyone who had the guts to say what need to be said and could follow through with the deeds that had to be done. I miss heroes. Where have they all gone.

Probably the same place the cowboys have gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home